Some people celebrate holidays….I celebrate Strawberry Season.
Only the berry-est of desserts bear the Terry Berry title and these delightful bites of sunshine do not disappoint. Easy to make and even easier to eat, try out our latest kitchen experiment using berries from our local berry farmer, Carleton Farm.
ménage à trois ala Terry Berry
This little mouthgasm packs a surprising punch for the senses.
Made with French Vanilla Shortcakes, strawberry/vanilla cream cheese frosting and strawberry puree garnish. Finished with a light but guilty dusting of powdered sugar. Continue scrolling for the recipe!
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 1 cup strawberries, diced (optional for garnish)
1. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till creamy. Add egg, almond extract and vanilla. Beat well.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and stir until well combined.
3. Roll into 1″ balls and place in a well greased mini muffin pans. Make an indentation in the dough with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or till lightly browned on the edges. Use a spoon to press the dough down in the middle, forming a cup. Remove to cooling racks and cool completely.
5. Add softened butter and cream cheese, beat until peaks form. Add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time until all powdered sugar has been fully combined. Add 2 teaspoons of Vanilla and 1/8 to 1/4 cup of strawberry puree. Mix well.
6. Fill cakes with filling, piping them in makes them a bit fancy but you can spoon it in if you prefer.
7. Top with diced strawberries, strawberry puree and dust with powdered sugar.
Let me know if you gave these a try!
Share your photos of success or failure with us on Facebook! We don’t judge.
Someday, perhaps you too can carry the burden of being the best cupcake eater ever.