Introduction to Foraging
February 11th and 18th 10:00-12:00
Jason will introduce you to the Rules of Safe and Ethical foraging, while taking you on a foraging walk around Eagle Ridge Community Garden.
2420 Soper Hill Rd, Lake Stevens, WA 98258
What You’ll Learn:
Our discussion will be guided by the plants we find and the interests of the group.
Here are some of the things that might come up:
– Rules for safe and ethical foraging (we will cover this one for sure!)
– How to find good foraging spots
– Any number of different weeds and wild plants we find
– How to make wild foods tasty
– Working with wild plants in your garden
– Navigating the invasive plant controversy
– The differences between foraging for calories, seasonings, medicines, and vitamins and minerals
– Foraging as an adventure, a hobby, and/or as a practical source of good food
– Tending the land for future abundance
– Ethical guerrilla gardening with native plants
– Foraging biomechanics, rapid eye movement and breathwork – How foraging shifts through the different seasons
Register below with a suggested donation of $20, BUT don’t let money be a barrier to information, email email@example.com to attend for free.
I was homeschooled, then got a degree in Bioengineering and minor in Chinese from the University of Washington. I live with my wife and two young daughters in a modest house on half an acre.