Introduction to Foraging
Jason will introduce you to the Rules of Safe and Ethical foraging, while taking you on walk around Eagle Ridge Community Garden.
Our discussion will be guided by the plants we find and the interests of the group.
Here are some of the things that might come up:
- Rules for safe and ethical foraging (we will cover this one for sure!)
- How to find good foraging spots
- Any number of different weeds and wild plants we find
- How to make wild foods tasty
- Working with wild plants in your garden
- Navigating the invasive plant controversy
- The differences between foraging for calories, seasonings, medicines, and vitamins and minerals
- Foraging as an adventure, a hobby, and/or as a practical source of good food
- Tending the land for future abundance
- Ethical guerrilla gardening with native plants
- Foraging biomechanics, rapid eye movement and breathwork – How foraging shifts through the different seasons
Register below with a suggested donation of $20, BUT don’t let money be a barrier to information, email firstname.lastname@example.org to attend for free.